1. It is recognised that with variations among handball played in member countries, categorisation of players based on skill levels may be difficult.
2. An ‘A’ player is a player who has not won an ‘A’ World Championship and is an ‘A’ player (Intermediate) in National Championships and Tournaments. Winners of Junior (15, 17 & 19) events in previous World Championships would automatically be ‘A’ players unless they had subsequently advanced to the ‘Open Grade’.
3. A ‘B’ player is a player who has not won a ‘B’ World Championship and is a ‘B’ player (Junior) in National Championships and Tournaments.
4. A ‘C’ Player is a player who has never won a ‘C’ World Championship and is a ‘C’ player(Junior B) in National Championships and Tournaments.
5. A Doubles Team must register in the division of the highest calibre player.
6. The Host Committee reserves the right to upgrade the categorisation of any player in its sole discretion.
7. There is a limit of 128 players in any Championship and where numbers are higher, players should be seeded into an extra division e.g Challenger or ‘D’ Division or a preliminary play-off organised.